What to do When QuickBooks Won’t Open?[Solved]
QuickBooks won’t open a common issue experienced by QuickBooks users. QuickBooks is a well-known software for managing small and solo business accounting and bookkeeping. To work with QuickBooks, users always have to update it with the latest release updates. But after the update, users complain that QuickBooks not opening.
It can be severe for users who have their daily accounting work. It is not an easily resolvable issue. So we came up with the troubleshooting methods that would help you in fixing the problem, and you will not get this issue in the future again.
Before proceeding to the resolution section, don’t you know the reasons for the issue? Probably, yes, then the following section is for you.
Why is My QuickBooks Won’t Open?
There can be several reasons that would lead you to QuickBooks Desktop won’t open. We have listed, they are:
- When the QuickBooks Company File name is extensively large.
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- QBWUSER.INI file gets damaged or goes missing from the system.
- Corruption in the storage hard disk.
- Utilizing the outdated version of the Windows system.
- When you try to open QuickBooks several at the same time and repeatedly.
Now, these are the grounds you are not able to access your QuickBooks and company file. Now also look at the symptoms which you might experience.
What Happens When QuickBooks Won’t Open?
When your QuickBooks is not open on the system, you can go through the given scenarios:
- Your computer system will hang several times.
- Can’t operate any process on QuickBooks Desktop
- Your mouse and keyboard will response slow to any command of yours.
- Sometimes, got a black or blue one for a while.
If you are getting some symptoms, you should try out the given solutions as soon as possible.
Perform These Solutions When QuickBooks Won’t Open on Windows 10
In some scenarios, when you continuously click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon to access it, it won’t open. Wait for QuickBooks to load before continuing.
If QuickBooks won’t respond to any command or you encounter an error stating that QuickBooks stopped working, then you should go for the following solutions.
Use Quick Fix My Program
We will use the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s Quick Fix My Program Diagnostic Tool to fix the issue. For that, you must download and install the Tool Hub program on the system. After installation, follows the given steps to improve the QuickBooks won’t open issue:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Tool Hub on the system and thereafter click on Program Problems.
- When the Program Problem tab opens, go for Quick Fix My Program.
- Now, the program will scan the program and system.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file data when the Tool completes the scan.
Suppress QuickBooks Desktop Program
There are chances that your QuickBooks company file is damaged, so your QuickBooks won’t open. So, try to access any previous company to find the main issue with the data file to QuickBooks.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and then access your QuickBooks by double-clicking on the icon. Don’t release the key until the “No Company Open” wizard opens, nor the QuickBooks will freeze and show an error.
- After that, choose a company file and then click on Open.
If the company file opens, then the problem is with QuickBooks. To resolve the issue, move toward the below section.
Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
When QuickBooks has an improper installation, it can result in QuickBooks won’t open. To fix the installation issue, we will utilize the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool with the following steps:
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- When the Tool Hub opens, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- After that, go for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, the tool will run (it can take 20 minutes).
- When the Toll completes the fixation, reboot your computer.
- At last, launch the QuickBooks Desktop program and access the data file.
Perform a Clean Install
In this solution, we will uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop program and then reinstall it. It is like refreshing the QuickBooks Desktop with all the essential installation files in a proper way. Below are the measures to perform a clean install and fix the QuickBooks won’t open issue.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks.
- Go to the Start menu on your Windows system.
- Then, choose Control Panel.
- Now, choose the Programs and Features option.
- After that, choose to Uninstall a Program.
- Here you will see a list of programs; click on the version of QuickBooks Desktop to initiate the uninstalling.
- Now, choose Uninstall/Change option from the list bar top.
- Later, go for the Next button.
- The QuickBooks Desktop will uninstall.
Sometimes, the Install and Uninstall option is not shown because you are not using the Admin account. So sign out of the account and log in as an Admin.
After uninstalling QuickBooks, we will now re-install it, and doing this will fix QuickBooks won’t open issue.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop
To install the QuickBooks Desktop, make sure you have the latest version. If not, then download the latest QuickBooks Desktop of your version and follow the steps:
- Open the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Click on the Run when prompted.
- Then, follow the on-screen steps.
- Also, accept the License Agreement of the software.
- Now, click on Next.
- After that, provide the License and Product number.
- At last, click Next, and your QuickBooks install successfully.
Read also:QuickBooks error 6000
Now, with this blog, you are able to fix your QuickBooks won’t open issue. It is a problem that can’t be resolved easily. So to resolve the issue, we present you the solutions. Always create a backup to save your data.
If the issue occurs again and again, then you should contact the Experts for professional help. You can get the experts via email and chat options. Thank You!