How Can I install QuickBooks on Multiple Computers?
Accounting is a very difficult task and becomes more complicated when it is business accounting. It becomes a headache for businesses to organize their accounting in a proper way. For that, we came along with the best accounting program, i.e., QuickBooks. It is capable of handling and managing business accounting. It ends all the traditional accounting methods of managing accounting papers. Users can easily install QuickBooks on their computers and manage their business accounting. Here is the user query:
“I am new to QuickBooks and performing my activities on the computer, but for some reason, I have to change my desktop and want to use QuickBooks on the new computer. So can anyone tell me How Do I install QuickBooks on a second computer?”
QuickBooks provides a lot of services for solo, freelancers, and small and medium-sized businesses. It helps users to create bills and invoices for customers, pay the employees, file taxes, do online banking, and many more. Many new users asked how to install QuickBooks on a new computer. By providing the query’s answer, we present this blog, which contains the step-by-step procedure for QuickBooks installation.
QuickBooks comes along with so many other features that make it the standalone accounting software in the accounting industry. Look at its features.
- Arrangement and Reuse Email Layouts.
- Smoothed out Bank Feeds.
- Finance Risk Updates.
- High-level Stock Enhancements in Big business.
- Rule-Based Client Gatherings.
- Mechanized Receipt The board
- Altered Installment Receipts.
- Mechanized Proclamations/Installment Updates.
After these advanced features, it’s time to download the QuickBooks Desktop and install it.
Read About: Quickbooks downloads
How to Install QuickBooks on a New Computer?
The installation process of QuickBooks is an easy task. Follow each step.
Step 1: Prepare the System to Install
It is the first step to preparing your system for installing QuickBooks, as QuickBooks requires some components that are essential for the installation. If your system doesn’t have these components, you can face problems while installing QuickBooks. The components are:
- To install QuickBooks, your system must be installed with Windows 8.1 and 10, 64-bit. As QuickBooks doesn’t provide security for the below versions.
- Your system must have a minimum of 8 GB RAM, and 16 GB RAM is recommended by the experts for smooth functioning.
- A 2.5 GB disk space to store the QuickBooks folders on the system.
- A 2.4 GHz processor.
- Microsoft .NET 4.8 Runtime.
- QuickBooks License and Product number.
If you already have installed installation essential components, proceed to the QuickBooks download procedure.
Step 2: Download QuickBooks Desktop
Here we will download and then install the QuickBooks Desktop application. Go with the given steps:
- In the first step, go to the QuickBooks App Product page with a browser.
- When the page appears, you can see the option “Will you be using QuickBooks Desktop on multiple computers at the same time (multi-user mode)?” Choose Yes or No for that. If you want to simply download QuickBooks without any version, choose No, but want a specific QuickBooks version, then choose Yes and click on Next.
- Now, you have to choose your Country, desired QuickBook Product, and the Year Version. After selecting, click on Search.
- From the next page, check your selected product and version and then click on Download and save the file on the system to install QuickBooks.
- After downloading, go to the file location to open it. However, if you can’t find the file in the saved location, check the System Download folder or reach the browser download section by pressing the Ctrl+J keys.
- When getting the exe file, right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator to run the file with all admin rights.
- Now, the windows security tab opens; click on Run to start installing the QuickBooks procedure.
- After that, provide the QuickBooks License and Product key and click Next.
Now, you have two install options.
Step 3: Install QuickBooks Desktop
The two install options are:
- Express Install
- Custom and Network Install
If you are confused about choosing which one is suitable for you, then don’t worry, we will help you with that. Go with the following.
You should go for the Express Install when:
- A new user of QuickBooks.
- Reinstallation QuickBooks.
- Proceeding to utilize QuickBooks on one computer
If you have any above scenarios, then follow the given steps:
- Choose Express Install, and afterward, go with the Next
- Now, click on the Install
- Wait until the installation completes.
- After the installation, click on Open QuickBooks.
Custom and Network Install
The Custom and Network Install QuickBooks option is suitable when:
- You are installing QuickBooks on other locations from default, like on the server.
- Planning to host your company files on the server?
- Creating a multi-user network.
Now, go with the following steps to complete the custom install:
- Firstly, click on the Custom and Network Install, and Next
- Secondly, go with the “How you operate QuickBooks”
- Now, click on “Change the Install Location”.
- After that, click on Browse and choose a location to save the QuickBooks folders.
- Next, click on Next and begin the installation process.
- After the installation, click on Open QuickBooks.
With the above steps, you also get your answer: How to install QuickBooks on multiple computers.
Users also ask how to use QuickBooks on multiple computers. QuickBooks Desktop License subscription allows multiple users to work with QuickBooks on multiple computers.
- QuickBooks Pro License allows up to 3 users to work on the same QuickBooks from multiple computers.
- QuickBooks Premier Licesens allows 5 users to operate QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Enterprise License allows 10-15 users.
Read About: Quickbooks Payroll Enhanced
QuickBooks Desktop is an all-in-one solution for managing business accounting. So, this blog presents you with the steps to download and install QuickBooks Desktop’s latest version. If you want to access the QuickBooks Desktop from multiple computers, go for Premier and Enterprise if you have users of more than three. Sometimes, while installing QuickBooks, users face some installation issues. In that case, you can have a word with our ProAdvisors through Email and Live Chat.