How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80040408?
QuickBooks is a standalone program that provides many accounting services for small and medium-scale businesses. Over 5.3 million users utilize QuickBooks and manage their business accounting. It offers many accounting services. Also provides a multi-user environment that enables the utilization of QuickBooks by multiple users. But sometimes, improper configuration of QuickBooks in the multi-user environment results in an error. The QuickBooks error code 80040408 falls at the same time. The error displays on the screen as Start Session Error Code: 80040408 QuickBooks can’t start.
This can be a tricky situation that can be hard to fix. It can’t be set on its own. If you are facing the same and are unable to fix the issue. Then, this guide will help you. In this blog, you will get the proper explanations and solutions to get rid of this situation.
Read about:-quickbooks won’t open
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 80040408?
Various reasons cause the error code 80040408 in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- When the QuickBooks is already in use by the other user in the single-user mode, by which you can’t access it.
- Accessing the different QuickBooks company files simultaneously.
- When you access the QuickBooks Startup option, it is set to be Turn On.
- In scenarios when the QuickBooks program is open in another system, you try to open the same QQube and create a setup to connect with QuickBooks.
- When you have various QuickBooks paths.
- If other users try to migrate the QuickBooks company file and now, the file has some changes, making a difference compared to what the user makes before changing it.
- Different QuickBooks company file names are also a reason for the QuickBooks error code 80040408.
- When another user changes the QuickBooks company file name, the admin user tries to access the file, but the file no longer exists with the same file, and the admin opens another file from the QQube Configuration tool.
- When QuickBooks is already accessible for a specific company file before trying to load multiple other files simultaneously.
- The admin user logs out in the multi-user mode. It disables QuickBooks from running and operating.
After getting the reasons, it’s time to fix the error 80040408.
Read about:-quickbooks downloads
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80040408?
You can easily resolve the error with the given solutions. But we suggest you follow the given instructions before going with the answers.
- Ensure that the QuickBooks Quick Start option is disabled.
- No other QuickBooks user is utilizing the Single User Mode.
- The server must be running.
- QuickBooks program is not a command to open a specific company file and avoid accessing multiple company files.
- The company file path in QuickBooks must be correct and not moved to a different location on the system.
- Ensure that the company file name is identical on both systems.
Now let’s fix the QuickBooks error code 80040408.
Method 1: Disable Quick Start Feature
- From the QuickBooks Desktop application, go to the General tab.
- Then, click on the Preferences option.
- Now, unmark the “Keep QuickBooks Running For Quick Startups.”
- After that, open the QuickBooks and company file and check for the error.
Method 2: Sync only One System
QuickBooks error code 80040408 can occur due to the unreliable setup in Terminal/Remote Desktop settings scenarios. This happens when the different users are synced to the system over the network. You must set the QuickBooks, only single sync with the system over the server and other users.
Method 3: Log Out Other Users
When facing the QuickBooks error code 80040408, you must log out all the other users using the QuickBooks Desktop account. Another user can also act like Admin and perform admin tasks remotely by logging into QuickBooks. So, it prefers to log out other users with the following means:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Messenger and go to the Company menu.
- Secondly, choose Chat with a Coworker.
- Now, choose the user using QuickBooks, and you want to log off.
- After that, click on the Close Company File option.
- Lastly, from the Conformation wizard, click on Yes.
Method 4: Enable Synchronizer and Database Manager
Fix the QuickBooks error code 80040408 with the following steps:
- Firstly, open the QQube configuration tool.
- Then, click on the Database option and then Show More.
- After that, choose the Synchronizer and the Database Manager option.
- Lastly, check for error 80040408.
Method 5: Check for the Company File Name
When you observe the QuickBooks error code 80040408, you must check the company file name from the QQube Configuration tool. The company file name should be the same on the other computer system. If you are operating the multi-user mode, then you can easily change the company file name from the QQube configuration tool.
Method 6: Change Path for the Company File
When the user tries to access the company file, but to an invalid path or location, error code 80040408 occurs. So it is a must step to change the file location to fix the company file and easy access with the following steps:
- In the initial step, open the QQube Configuration Tool.
- Then, choose the QuickBooks Company List.
- After that, from the bottom right, click on the Change Path option.
- Now, Browse and locate the company file.
Method 7: File Opened on Another System
When you access the QuickBooks, and it opens with the No Company File selected, then the file is already opened in another system’s QuickBooks. It will prevent you from accessing the file, and error 80040408 will occur. By this, you can’t also open multiple files. So to fix it, ask the user to shut and log off the QuickBooks and company file. This will allow you to access the company file from your computer.
Read about:-QuickBooks tool hub
Now, you can easily fix the QuickBooks error code 80040408 with the above-stated solutions. You also get explanations for why you are facing the error in QuickBooks. However, if you still face the error with your QuickBooks, you must connect with the Experts for an immediate solution. It is also suggested to not provide all the Admin details to the other users. Sometimes, they made the changes without any permission.
Also read:-QuickBooks check printing