What are QuickBooks POS Hardware Requirements, and How do Set Them Up
Summary: This contains information about the QuickBooks POS Hardware. We will describe the hardware, their requirements, and which is compatible with the POS program.
QuickBooks POS Hardware is a collection of devices to improve the efficiency of retail stores and other businesses. Devices such as barcode scanners, receipt printers, cash drawers, and credit card readers are included. Additionally, these tools can keep track of sales, inventory, and customer data, allowing for more streamlined and efficient sales processes. Furthermore, some tools, such as the QuickBooks Point of Sale Mobile App, enable mobile devices to be used for sales and inventory tracking. Businesses that use QuickBooks Point of Sale hardware can spend less time on mundane tasks and more time on increasing sales and improving customer satisfaction. But before using the hardware with the POS, you have to complete the requirements to run them perfectly. For that, you have to install the hardware drivers.
Read also: install QuickBooks
Intuit QuickBooks POS Hardware Requirements
The QuickBooks POS has a set of installation drivers for the former and supports compatible hardware. Moreover, the hardware drivers the essential for running and making the hardware supportable with the QuickBooks Point of sale. But before working with the POS, you should set up all the compatible peripherals properly, such as receipt printers, barcode scanners, and PIN pads. We show you to set up the process with the following: Important: QuickBooks POS must be installed on the computer to neglect the problems created while installing the hardware and its drivers. Also, make sure that you have updated Windows OS.
Step 1: Install the Driver of Hardware (if relevant)
The devices need driver installation before configuring and for QuickBooks POS hardware compatibility. If you need to utilize the following devices, then go to step 2.
- Pinpad – Ingenico Tetra Lane 5000
- Receipt Printer – Star mPOP 2-in-1, Star TSP 100
- Tag Printer – Zebra ZD410
- Pole Display – POSX XP8200, Logic Controls 9900
- Physical Inventory Scanner – Cipherlab 8000/8001
Now, install the driver.
- Firstly, open the Windows Start menu.
- Secondly, type File Explorer in the Search field and open File Explorer.
- Then, go to the given location of the QuickBooks Point of Sale folder. C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale XX.0\Drivers. Here XX indicates the QuickBooks Desktop POS version.
- Now, search for the driver folder you want to install.
- After that, Run the .exe for the driver installation.
- Go with the on-screen instruction to complete the driver installation.
Step 2: Setup Hardware in QuickBooks POS
Now, we will set up the QuickBooks POS Hardware with the following steps:
- Go to the File menu and choose Hardware Setup Wizard.
- Then, choose the Hardware Type you want to connect.
- Now, click on Next and go with the on-screen instruction to connect, set up, and then test your hardware.
After setting up the hardware in QuickBooks POS, let’s know which POS supports and the compatible with the following:
Which Hardware does QuickBooks POS Support?
Given below is the list of hardware that is supportable by QuickBooks POS. The QuickBooks POS Hardware package, which is supportable with Intuit QB, is the following
|Tag Printer||Zebra ZD410|
|Barcode Scanners||Zebra DS2208 (wired)|
|Zebra DS2278 (wireless)|
|Cash Drawers||Star 16 x 16 Cash Drawer|
|Star 13 x 13 Cash Drawer|
|Receipt Printer & mPOP 2 in 1 Cash Drawer;|
|Physical Inventory Scanners||Cipherlab 8000 / 8001|
|PINPads||Ingenico Tetra Lane 5000*|
|Receipt Printer||Star TSP 100 ECO|
|Pole Display||Logic Controls LD-99|
|PINPads||Ingenico Tetra Lane 5000*|
|Card Swipe||Magtek 21040110|
- The PINPads must be purchased from Intuit or an Intuit QuickBooks Solution provider. These PINPads work only with Intuit QuickBooks Payments.
- Intuit does not sell the Cipherlab 8000/8001 directly. It can only be purchased from Intuit QuickBooks Solution Providers. Please get in touch with your QuickBooks Solution Provider for replacement.
After knowing about the Intuit supportable QuickBooks POS hardware, let’s know QuickBooks POS compatible hardware with the following section:
Read also: QuickBooks Certification Cost
What is QuickBooks POS Compatible Hardware?
The compatible hardware is the hardware that previously worked with the QuickBooks POS. Moreover, it is ineligible for the QuickBooks Hardware Rapid replacement program. These are:
|Cash Drawers||MMF Val-u-Line|
|APG T371-DG1616 (Use with Dell T200 printer)|
|Star TSP 100 ECO|
|Receipt Printer||Citizen CT-S300|
|HP LaserJet 4200 PCL 6|
|Tag Printer||Zebra LP2824P|
|Barcode Scanners||Honeywell Voyager 1202g (wireless)|
|Honeywell 1300G (wired)|
|HHP Imageteam 3800LR|
|HHP 3820 Cordless Linear Imager|
|Pole Displays||Logic Controls LD9000|
|Logic Controls PD3000|
|Partner Tech CD7220|
|Physical Inventory Scanners||Metrologic SP5500 Optimus S|
Benefits of QuickBooks POS Hardware
QuickBooks Point of Sale hardware can be helpful in a variety of ways. For example, a POS system can streamline your business operations by making it easier to process transactions, manage inventory, and track customer information. Furthermore, by eliminating the need for manual data entry and lowering the risk of errors, a POS system can help to improve accuracy and efficiency. QuickBooks POS hardware can help you save time and improve your company’s overall efficiency. Let’s know in deep:
- Improved Accuracy: Sales and transactions can be processed quickly and accurately using QBPoint of Sale hardware. This reduces the possibility of errors, which can harm the customer experience.
- Improved Customer Service: Customers can pay for their purchases quickly and easily. This contributes to shorter wait times and better customer service.
- Easier Inventory Management: It makes inventory management more effortless. Store owners can track inventory levels quickly and easily by scanning barcodes.
- Enhanced Security: It encrypts sensitive customer data, adding an extra layer of security.
- Increased Productivity: QuickBooks POS hardware aids in the reduction of manual sales and transaction processes. This contributes to the store’s efficiency and overall productivity.
- Greater Visibility: Enables store owners to gain insight into customer purchasing habits. This assists in identifying trends and making better decisions.
- Cost Savings: Helps to reduce labor and manual process costs. This contributes to the store’s bottom line.
Now, you know how to use the QuickBooks POS hardware and the supportive and compatible one. You also get stated the benefits of hardware of QuickBooks Point of Sale benefits. However, if you run into a problem while using any hardware with the QuickBooks POS, reach our ProAdvisors to get the solution. Thank You!