QuickBooks Workforce – A Comprehensive Guide To Setup & Use It
Summary: QuickBooks Workforce is a free and easy way for employees to have quick access to their pay stubs, W-2s, and other online payroll documents. Being an employee, all you need to do is to set up your Workforce account accurately whenever your employer invites you.
QuickBooks Workforce is an ultimate new feature available in Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll. Such a personal tool is effective for keeping constant track of your work info such as Pay stubs, W-2s, total earnings and deductions, current tax information, and available time off. Thus, setting up your workforce account is extensively essential whenever an invitation email is sent by your employers. After successfully setting up your QBs Workforce, managing the payroll profiles online and having online access to the important information would be a cakewalk. In this post, we will walk you through the comprehensive guide, so you can hassle-freely set up your QuickBooks Workforce. Feast your eyes on the prolific guidance!
What Is QuickBooks Workforce & How Does It Works?
QuickBooks Workforce is a self-service online payroll tool allowing employees to easily view and print their paychecks and even W-2 forms. However, to see pay stubs and W-2s, it is extensively required to set up Intuit QuickBooks Workforce by adding personal info. If you have any confusion about how it works, so here we explain to make you better understand. Basically, Employers invite their employees by sending an email to set up their workforce account and add personal details.
Here’s how an Employer (You) can invite existing employees:
- First, sign in to QuickBooks as a QuickBooks Administrator.
- Then, navigate to “Employees” > “Employee Center”
- Now, double-click on the name of your employee whom you want to send an invitation email.
- Afterward, from the “Address and Contact” tab, provide the employee’s email address.
- Then, press the “OK” button
- Repeat these steps one by one for all the employees whomever you want to invite for QuickBooks Workforce Setup.
- Now, select the option of “Employees” and then tap “Manage Payroll Cloud Services”.
NOTE: If the “Manage Payroll Cloud Services” option doesn’t appear, Update QuickBooks.
- Now, From the QuickBooks Workforce Login account, turn the status ON.
- Then, click the “Invite Employees” tab.
- Now, log in to your Intuit Account. This should be the person who has purchased the QuickBooks Payroll license.
- Now, choose the employees to directly add to the Workforce account.
- Also, provide the correct email addresses of your employees.
- Finally, click on the “Send Invite” button.
- Once sent, the employees will receive an invitation email on their official email id.
- You can see the “Invited” option in the “Status” column to check the status of the email that you have sent to your employees.
Here’s how an Employer (You) can invite New Employee
- First, log in to your QuickBooks as the QuickBooks Administrator
- Then, navigate to “Employees” > “Employee Center”
- Click on the “Add New” tab and then add your new employee. Make sure to add your new employee’s email address in the “Address and Contact” field.
- Now, go to the “Employees” section and select the option of “Manage Payroll Cloud Services”.
- From “QuickBooks Workforce”, select the “Invite Employees” option.
- After that, sign in to your Intuit Account. This should be the person who owns the QuickBooks Payroll license.
- Option for the employees to add to Workforce and then add the correct email addresses.
- Finally, click “Send Invite”.
- Now, the invited email will be sent to your employees.
Now, the employees who have received the invitation email from their employer need to open the email and start setting up for the QBs workforce.
The Step-by-step Intuitive Instructions To Setup QuickBooks Workforce
Setting up and QuickBooks Workforce Sign Up for employees only need a few steps to be accomplished. Still, the stepwise procedures are mentioned beneath. Let’s have a glimpse and follow them accordingly if your employer sent you an invitation for workforce account setup:
- In the very beginning, check your email as you received it from your employer.
- Now, open that email and click on the “Get set up” tab.
- Now, create an Intuit QuickBooks Workforce Employee Login account with the email your employer used and a new strong password.
- If you already have an Intuit account with that email such as a previous QuickBooks Workforce, TurboTax, or Mint account, then directly sign in with your password.
- Once you’re done, click “Continue”
- Now, you will land on the screen where you have been asked to provide your basic info. So, click “Continue” to add the info.
- If in case, you are not interested in adding your personal details, you can directly go to your Workforce account and view your pay stubs and W2s.
Provide Personal Details
- The next section will ask you for your home address. After filling up your home address, press the “Next” button
- Now, enter your date of birth into the “Birth date” field
- And then click “Next.”
- Now, select your gender and then hit “Next.”
- Now, provide your “Social Security number” in the respective field.
- Click “Next”
Provide Bank Details
Next, you need to fill in your bank account info so you can soon receive your paychecks by direct deposit. Here is the course of action to go through:
- When you are on the “Paycheck Preferences” page, click the “Get Started” tab.
- Now, choose the Payment Method from the drop-down button.
- Click the “Checking” toggle button to select the Account type.
- Provide the “Routing Number” and “Account number” in the respective field.
- After that, click “Next.”
Fill Out Tax Withholding Info
- Choose your filing status and then hit “Next”
- Now, enter the number of dependents you plan to claim.
- And click “Next.”
- Check the “Multiple jobs or spouse works” checkbox if you have multiple jobs or your spouse works.
- Then, click “Next”
Review and Sign
- Now, review and sign by typing your name.
- Slightly scroll down to the bottom and click the “Confirm and Sign” tab.
- Now, enter your name into the “Your Name” field.
- And, click “Save.”
- Finally, you’re all set!
- Your top-to-toe info has been successfully saved and shared with your employer.
- If you want to make any changes after saving your detailed info, ask your employer to make the updates.
Finally, your QBs workforce has been set up successfully. Now, feel free to open your workforce account using the correct Intuit QuickBooks Workforce Login credentials and view pay stubs and W2s.
How To View Paychecks And W-2s In QuickBooks Workforce?
Once you set up your workforce account, you can very smoothly and effortlessly see the payroll and W-2s. Here’s how:
See & Download Your Pay stubs in QuickBooks Workforce
Your pay stubs show how many hours you worked, the pay period, and when you were paid. The steps to view your pay stub and download it are provided underneath:
- First, activate your QuickBooks Workforce Sign-In account.
- Now, click on the “Paychecks” tab at the top left menu of your workforce account page.
- Now, if you want to download a pay stub, choose the one and click the “Download” icon.
- Even, choose a specific pay stub to open, view, print, and download.
See & Download W2
Whenever you need to download your W2 at tax time, follow the below-noted steps:
- Click on the “W2” tab.
- Now, you can see your W-2 for the current tax year.
- To download any W2s, click the “Download” icon and get that specific W-2 downloaded.
That’s it! Now, you are set to view and download your pay stubs and W2s online with QuickBooks Workforce. However, every time you will receive an email whenever you have a pay stub available. So, if you don’t want to get an automatic email notification, perform the following steps:
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon.
- Go to the “Email Notification” section.
- Unselect the checkbox and finally click “Save” to save the changes.
Get 24×7 Online QuickBooks Workforce Support For Advanced Info
Eventually, we have given our best to accumulate all possible information related to the process to set up & use QuickBooks Workforce. And we hope the aforementioned pieces of information might help you in some or other feasible ways to frequently work on your workforce account in QuickBooks. If it’s not, then need not worry! We have deft connoisseurs working round the clock to provide cost-effective QuickBooks Workforce Support to needy users. Only you have to give us a call at our customer helpline number and our QuickBooks-specialized tech-savvy will be there to rescue you.