The Exact Measures to Fix QuickBooks Error 9999 Quickly
QuickBooks works a majority of the time optimally. However, when errors strike, sometimes, they can give a hard time to their users. A common error code is QuickBooks error 9999. This issue blocks the internet connection of QuickBooks and your bank. Also called the script error, it results in the user’s system hanging, working slowly, or not working at all. Naturally, knowing how to fix it is crucial if you don’t want your business operations to get affected. But don’t lose hope. In this post, we have laid out all the solutions to follow in the presence of this error.
Things You Should Know When Facing QuickBooks Error 9999
Error 9999 in QuickBooks is a banking problem that gets triggered when you modify your bank data. The error comes because of a problem with the server connection of the bank. This technical glitch arises with the following message:
‘Sorry, we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later. (9999)’
You may also get this message on your screen:
‘Error code 9999 – Can’t update’
Basically, your browser is refusing to execute a script from your bank’s domain. It is so because the browser’s function is to safeguard the information of its users.
Factors Leading to QuickBooks Error 9999
You can only repair this glitch when you know its major causes. Here are the probable reasons for the message shown.
- QuickBooks is not appropriately installed in the system
- Poor Internet Connectivity
- Cache files Conflict with the bank’s web domain
- Traces of A Malware attack
- A security system is blocking access to the bank.
- Obsolete Windows drivers.
Note:- that you will find the active windows crashing and your computer not responding to your commands. These signs must make you employ the fixes in the succeeding sections.
Points to Remember before You Resolve Error 9999 in QuickBooks
Now, after knowing the nature of this problem, you can proceed to fix it. But before that, here are some significant points you shouldn’t overlook.
- Hit the screen of ‘Bank transaction’ in QuickBooks.
- After that, tap on ‘Report issue’ button. This button is present in the error message.
- Check that the QuickBooks application is properly installed. If not, install it on your system again.
- Next, input your name and email address.
- After that, hit the ‘Submit’ button.
Your request has gone to the bank. They will respond within a week or a few more days. Now follow the guidelines to fix the issue.
Read about:-how to update QuickBooks
Different Methods to Tackle QuickBooks Online Error 9999
The fixes here will come to your aid whenever you get this error code. Try them out by carefully following the instructions.
Connect your QuickBooks Online account again.
It’s a wise solution to reconnect QuickBooks Online accounts in this situation. Use this process for it.
- Cancel your existing QBO account.
- After that, click on ‘Edit.’
- Edit your account information by selecting its button.
- Tap on ‘Disconnect this account on save.’
- Afterward, select ‘Save and close.’
- Go to the dashboard and renew the QBO account link.
- See the modified transactions in your account.
Update your bank.
At times, updating the bank account a few times also resolves error 9999 QuickBooks Online. Open the application and apply these points.
- Go to the ‘Banking’ section in QB.
- Hit the ‘Update’ button.
- Perform these steps three more times.
- The problem will probably resolve
Connect with the QuickBooks community team.
The QuickBooks team can also help you in fixing this specific error. They have been receiving lots of complaints of error 9999. Once you connect with them, your name is added to their list of users facing this error.
Here is how you can reach out to the QuickBooks community team.
- Tap the ‘? Help’ tab.
- After that, tap the ‘Contact us button.
- You will see a box named ‘How can we help.’
- In it, input a small description of the error.
- Now click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Pick either the ‘Message an agent’ or ‘Get our phone number’ option.
- Now input the relevant data.
- After that, tap either the ‘Send message’ or ‘Get the number button.
- That’s it. Now you will get an update whenever the QuickBooks team fixes this issue.
Access your bank’s website from the browser.
After clearing cache files, try logging into your banking website through credentials. You will confront many security questions. Answer them correctly. It is also possible that you will get an OTP for verification. It will allow you to log into your bank’s website. Once there, you can update bank feeds and overcome QuickBooks error code 9999.
Reinstall QuickBooks program
Some technical issues may creep up in the QB program, due to which it malfunctions. You must reinstall it and see if error 9999 resolves.
- Use the ‘Control Panel’ to uninstall QB.
- In the Control Panel, tap ‘Uninstall a program.’
- Go to ‘Programs and features.’
- Tap ‘Uninstall a program.’
- Choose QuickBooks and tap ‘Uninstall.’
- Tap ‘Remove’ and hit ‘Next.’
- Install the application from a reliable source.
Scan for malware on your system.
QuickBooks Online error 9999 can also occur if your system has undergone a malware attack. So, conduct a malware scan using good security tools. This step will enable you to find problematic programs and eliminate them. You will also save your system from becoming a victim of intense cyber issues.
Update outdated drivers.
If the Windows drivers are outdated, it will cause other applications to malfunction. So, update the obsolete drivers to the recent release.
- Navigate to ‘Device Manager’ by pressing the Windows and X keys.
- Choose a category to define the device name.
- Tap on the device to update.
- Hit the ‘Update driver’ option.
- Restart the computer after the driver updates.
Read about:- QBDBMGRN Not Running on This Computer
Resume Your Operations by Fixing Error 9999
Stop worrying since you know how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 9999. The error is temporary and may get resolved itself, especially after reporting the issue. You will be able to access your bank account after using these fixes.
If you still have any additional queries, contact a QuickBooks technical support service.