How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222?
QuickBooks always provides amazing advanced accounting features to its users. Payroll is one of the best QuickBooks products that small and medium-sized businesses use the most. With the QuickBooks payroll, you can pay employees from different payment methods. But being as software, the payroll also undergoes many specific issues. But the main issue for the user is QuickBooks Error 15222. Users stated that while downloading the Payroll updates, a message appears on the screen showing an error. If you encounter the same problem and want to solve it, you’ve got the right page. Here, you will get the solutions to fix the error quickly without any confusion. But first, we must know about the error.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
The error 15222 QuickBooks is a payroll update error and a part of the 15xxx error series in QuickBooks. Mainly occurs when the user tries to update the payroll to the latest release. There are also other factors that can raise the error. In the next section, you will find further reasons besides the Update Quickbooks for the error in QuickBooks.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15222?
Given below is the significant reason that causes the error 15222 in QuickBooks:
- When the file or component for payroll updates is missing.
- Due to the improper Internet Explorer settings setup.
- The payroll updates my blocks due to the firewall settings.
- Not using internet explorer.
- QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS) is turned off.
- Unable to verify the digital signatures,
- When the location of the Shared Download drive is not mapped properly.
- When you don’t log in to QuickBooks with the Admin account.
- Now you know the reason for the QuickBooks update error 15222 reasons. Let’s move to the solution portion now.
How to Solve QuickBooks Error 15222?
In this section, you will be provided with the solutions that will easily fix the error 15222 from QuickBooks and update the payroll. Here we go:
Solution 1: Download Updates with the Admin Account
Sometimes, when you try downloading the updates with a user account, not with the admin account, you can face the QuickBooks error 15222 while downloading the updates. Following are the steps to fix the error:
- First, close the QuickBooks Desktop application and company file.
- Now, go to QuickBooks, right-click on it, and choose Run as the Administrator option.
- When prompted, click Yes for “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”.
- After that, download recent QuickBooks Desktop updates.
- Lastly, download the latest payroll tax table with the following:
- Choose Employees and then Get Payroll Updates.
- Choose the Download Entire Update checkbox.
- Click on Quickbooks Download Latest Update.
Solution 2: Update the Digital Signature
Digital Signature plays an important role in verifying the authentication of an application. You will not be allowed to update payroll when the digital signature goes missing. So, to fix the QuickBooks error 15222, update the Digital Signature with the following steps:
- Firstly, open the Windows File Manager and copy and paste the given location in the address bar – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and press the Enter button.
- Secondly, when you reach the QuickBooks folder, search for the QBW32.exe file.
- After locating the QBW32.exe file, right-click on it and select the Properties option.
- Now, choose the Digital Signature tab and browse for the signatures list.
- After that, click on the Details option of the Intuit Inc Digital Signature.
- Here, click on the View Certificate option from the Digital Signature Details wizard.
- In the next step, from the Certificate window, click on the Install Certificate option.
- Further, click on the Next button.
- Click on Finish and reboot your computer.
- At last, download the updates.
Solution 3: Make Internet Explorer as Default Browser
QuickBooks only trusts and uses Internet Explorer to connect to the Internet or perform any other web activity. So, whenever you use another browser, you face the QuickBooks error 15222 while downloading the payroll updates. So, to fix the error, it is mandatory to set internet explorer as the default browser with the following steps:
- In the initial step, open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools option.
- Now, click on Internet Options.
- After that, from the Program tab, click on the Make Default program
- Lastly, click on the OK button and try to download the update again.
Solution 4: Use Quick Fix My Program
When making an internet explorer doesn’t help you fix the QuickBooks error 15222, there must be an issue with your QuickBooks programs, like damage or technical issues. So to fix the error, go with the utilization of the Quick Fix My Program. But first, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub, as the Quick Fix My Program is a part of it. After installing the Tool Hub, go with the following steps:
- First, launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub program.
- Then, go to the Program Problems tab.
- Pick the Quick Fix my Program from the right panel.
- Now, the toll will run a scan to fix the QuickBooks desktop.
- After the scan, go and pursue the updating procedure once again.
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks with Install Diagnostic Tool
To fix the QuickBooks error 15222 use the Install Quickbooks Diagnostic Tool when the Quick Fix my Program doesn’t help you. Some installation issues can prevent downloading the updates. You can access it from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. It will repair some common installation issues. Now, fix the error with the accompanying means:
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the Installation Issues.
- Now, choose the Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The tool will run a scan that will take 20 minutes.
- When the scan finishes, reboot your computer.
- At last, update your QuickBooks payroll to the latest release.
Call of Action
QuickBooks error 15222 happens when you try to update the QuickBooks payroll to the latest. So, to fix the blog, we present five amazon solutions. Connecting with a robust internet connection is also recommended before downloading the updates. If none of the above solutions help you, then allow our Quickbooks Pro Advisor to fix the error with an advanced solution. You can contact them via Live Chat or Email.